- Artisan Gallery
- Home Remodeling
- Innovative Materials
- Recent Projects
The Perfect Material for Your New Bathroom Wall
If you’re thinking about updating your bathroom, what you choose to put on the walls matters! Believe it or not, there are a ton of bathroom wall materials to choose from and what you choose can have a tremendous impact on how long your bathroom will stay in good condition. The key differentiator between a bathroom and every other room in your house is moisture. Whenever you bring moisture into the mix, there are certain precautions that must be taken so that mold doesn’t form.
Check out some of the most commonly used bathroom wall materials below:
- Vinyl-Coated Wallpaper: Wallpaper that is coated in vinyl is your best bet if you want to put wallpaper in your bathroom because it can handle a moist environment as opposed to paper wallpaper that will deteriorate over time. Be aware that you need to make sure the surface cannot be matte, flat, or any type of rough surface for it to stick. This is a great option not only because it can handle moisture, but also peels on and off easier than paper wallpaper.
- Beadboard: When choosing a wall covering for your bathroom, the lower part of the wall is really what’s most important and this is the area that beadboard covers. Beadboard is a nice option because it not only is aesthetically pleasing but also can be painted with the appropriate coating (semi-gloss or gloss paint) that is moisture resistant.
- Tileboard: Contrary to what the name sounds like, tileboard is not actually tile. It’s compressed wood that is made to look like tile. It is coated with melamine plastic that takes on the appearance of tile or ceramic and does serve the purpose in that it has a level of water resistance. It’s not expensive and it looks that way so we only suggest using it in small bathrooms that are not in a main living area.
- Tile: Tile is your best option when it comes to a bathroom wall covering and there are many types of bathroom tiles to choose from. We suggest a partial tile covering (you don’t want to cover the room in it) with classic glass or ceramic. Water does not permeate glass or ceramic which makes it one of the best types of bathroom wall options you can buy.
- Paint: There are many options for paint today that include gloss, semi-gloss, and even matte finishes that have special properties for moisture resistance. Certain premium paints even have mold-killing elements!
If we had to make a suggestion for what you decide on, we would lean towards doing partial tile with paint. With all of the types of bathroom tiles to choose from, you can create a unique design while also choosing the option that will last for many years to come.
Are You Looking For Affordable Bathroom Remodeling “Near Me”?
Look no further than HomeTech Renovations. Our team of professional contractors can give you the bathroom of your dreams. We’ll work with you on the design and key functions you would like your new bathroom to have to become a place of sanctuary for you when you start and end your day. Give us a call at 215.646.7477 to get started today!