Sensible creativity, clear communication, reliable timelines, and respect for budget are integral components of what we look to accomplish. We value process and structure when composing a design with our clients. Since 1984, our project development method helps homeowners reduce the fear and stressful details commonly associated to more complex projects. We continually provide construction / product education, offering practical solutions for any aspect of a project.
Our company process allows our clients a streamlined, affordable method to collaborate their own ideas with the respectful advice of our professional and experienced design staff.
The project development process:
After an initial phone interview, we schedule a complimentary one-hour site evaluation with a HTR certified designer. The on site evaluation will provide experienced advice based on your needs, associated to potential project retro fit issues. We will review some practical approaches, discuss general budget ranges, and may recommend our design process which will allow the benefits listed below. Modest development fees may be fully credited toward actual construction costs. Development fee will result in preparation of a hard budget estimate based on the following process:
- Issue client a design survey to formalize and consolidate ideas and identify your aesthetic vision.
- Schedule on-site field measurement with Project Engineer and certified HTR Designer with personalized design discussion.
- Set preliminary meeting at appliance, plumbing supply vendor, etc. if applicable.
- Schedule meeting at HTR Design Studio or relevant, offsite vendor to review Initial design plans prepared on CAD software. Introduction to cabinet construction and finishes, etc.
- Revise CAD plans as required.
- Schedule any follow up meeting(s) at off-site vendor partners or HTR Design Studio to complete Individualized product selections.
- Compute primary category costs (cabinetry, counter tops, plumbing fixtures, etc.) associated to scope of design and specifications discussed or preliminarily approved.
- Schedule budget presentation meeting at HTR Design Studio.
- Revise design and budget based on preferences, if required. Re-present revised budget to client.
- Client acceptance of budget estimate with deposit applied toward actual final contract.
- Procure any related samples (cabinet finish, tile, stone, etc.) relevant to project needs and send to client.
- Continued refinement of design plan and pending final details, specifications.
- Presentation of final comprehensive contract for client signature/approval.
- Materials procurement & scheduling.
- Development of comprehensive project installation manual.
- Preconstruction meeting. Review home protection, client concerns, and major milestone dates, etc.
- Ongoing project management.
- Presentation of Project Referral Guide/ Care & maintenance manual upon completion of project.
Schedule an Appointment
Tell us a little bit about your kitchen, bath or remodeling project to schedule a complimentary consultation…